Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Edible Letters

Apart from lettering+calligraphy and Bollywood movies, I have another passion for FOOD! No... I am not talking about my culinary skills, but I am talking about how food makes me peppy and charged! Yeah I am total FOODIE! I love to eat and experiment new food. Being a vegetarian I have a limited choices but I still manage to find some way the other interesting things and combination to satisfy my hunger.
What if my these passions come together, lettering and food? letters created with food? Don't be amazed just have a look at these images. I did this small experiment in office kitchen when our cook was serving evening snack. (Yeah we are one of the luckiest studio where we get homemade lunch and snacks and n amount of teas and coffees as per our *demands*)
Here are the Palak Chillas (Spinach Creps) converted into letters:

This is Devnagri letter 'e'.

 This is Devnagri letter 'a' (not the apple 'a').

This is Roman letter 'A'.

This is Devnagri letter 'a' (Yes the apple 'a').

It was complete fun and a good break between office work. Thanks Dayanand for letting me use kitchen and Rikta for helping to shape my letters.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The spinach stuff is awesome!!! wow!!

Swati Chandak Sharma said...

nice experiment. some bit of a clean up and it is ready to use digitally too...yummy stuff "ee"!

Jane Farr said...

Love it! I also like your new blog header. :)

Priya Kuriyan said...

haha.. so cool! :)

nikheel said...

Patricia, Chandu, Jane and Kuriyan thanks so much.

Sandeep Menon said...

Nikheel, I've always been interested in Calligraphy and have stumbled upon your blog a few seasons earlier too...was awed by the work but i never mustered the courage to comment.
I must say that this blog of yours shows how passionate you are towards what you do...seriously man, Hats off to you...Starting from the banner in the header to the posts to the way you photograph your work and upload them....that passion is well evident.
I really regret missing your exhibition...Now that I've rediscovered the link to this blog,I have decided to follow it and can't wait to see the invite for the next exhibition of yours.
Keep it up and continue your good work.God Bless.

nikheel said...

Thank you so much Sandeep for your kind appreciation and following the blog.